This project was probably the most fun I ever had with my students in Creative Cupcakes class in July. The children could not believe that they all created such great F AUX FOODS!!!
- half round wonder pan from Wilton. This is the only company I know makes this pan. Top of the bun:. Bake twice= 12 tops. Bottom of the bun: bake in the half round pan again but slice off the round part of the cake to create the bottom of the bun. Bake twice =12 bottoms
- cookie sheet 10 x 13 (This is to bake the brownies on to make the hamburgers)
- large round cookie cutter. (if you do not have one you can use a small glass to cut the brownies
- white parchment paper to make the paper holder for the fries
- Small spatula to spread icing on buns
- One batch of vanilla cake (either your favorite from scratch or one cake mix if you are baking with the kids.)
- One batch of butter cream icing,
- Sesame seeds for top of bun
- One batch of brownie mix
- Large bag of Jumbo gum drops (Multi colored)
- Cup of sugar
- Red food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- Brown food coloring (you can use cocoa powder if you do not have brown food coloring)
- Bottle of corn syrup
- Bake buns as directed above *SUPPLIES #1. Let cool
- Mix up the batch of brownies and spread onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake the brownies for approximately 14 minutes or until the top of the brownies have glazed over. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Cut out the hamburger patties now with either the cookie cutter or small glass and put aside to let them cool.
- tint 2/3 rds of the batch of icing beige. You can use a little cocoa powder if you do not have brown food coloring.Take the rest of the icing and put in two small bowls. Put about 2/3 of this one one bowl and the balance in the other.
- Thin out the remainder of the two bowls of icing with corn syrup til it is the consistency of mustard and ketchup
- Tint the icing in the bowl with the largest amount of icing red for ketchup. You will need more of this because you will be using the ketchup for the fries also
- Tint the balance of the thinned out icing yellow for the mustard
- Using the gumdrops make the following:
- Green gumdrop: Soften the gumdrop in your hands. Roll into a ball and now flatten it out into a large circle. Make the edges much thinner and irregular. Pinch the bottom of the circle together. This will form the shape of a piece of lettuce. Press into the sugar. Place on the hamburger.
- Yellow gumdrop:Soften the gumdrop in your hand. Flatten on your work service. Press into a square shape for a piece of cheese.Press into the sugar and place on the lettuce.
- Red gumdrop: Make 2: Soften the gumdrop in your hand. Roll into a ball and then flatten it into the shape of a slice of tomato. Press into the sugar and place on cheese.
- White gumdrop: Dice this one up so it looks like chopped onions. Roll around in the bowl of sugar.Place on top of tomato.
- Now put on the mustard and ketchup
- Ice the top of the bun with the beige icing
- Sprinkle top with sesame seeds
- Place top of the bun a little to the side of the burger.
1 package of plain bread stick dough. KEEP IT REFRIGERATED UNTIL YOU NEED IT.
Thinned red butter cream icing (Thinned with corn syrup)
parchment paper OR
White envelopes (6)
1. Unroll the bread sticks.
2 cut them into 1/4-inch-wide sticks
3.dredge all the sticks in sugar, then bake them on a cookie sheet according to the package directions or until golden brown (ours took about 8 minutes). Leave them on the tray until they're cool.
To make the paper holder for the fries. use the cutoff end of a sealed envelope OR with parchment paper make a large square fold into a triangle. Fold the three corners together to form the holder and secure with a piece of tape.