2. Print out on Frosting Sheets/with food safe ink
3. Ice cake smooth
4 Trim the edges with shell tip
5. Place the icing sheet onto the cake
6. In black or brown icing: outline the different squares and the animals with tip #3
7. With gold tinted icing: make fringe around the comforter with a multi opening tip.
8. Write message with #3
An alternate design technique if you do not have Frosting Sheets and a food color printer is to make a stencil of the design.
1. Cut out the animals and transfer the design on to the cake using a tooth pick.
2. Outline the animals and the boarder design with black or brown icing.
3. Fill in the animals with the appropriate color tip # 12 and finish the detail of each animal with black or brown icing #3.
4. With the gold tinted icing: make fringe around the comforter with a multi opening tip.
5. Write the message with #3 tip.
The cake is a half sheet cake 14 x 19 double batter.
But can also be done very nicely on a quarter sheet cake. 9 x 11 single batter cake.
Keep on Baking!!! Fondly, DCRose